Thursday, December 10, 2009
Somehow your life gets written on your face
Inspired by Sarah's post about a book of lists, I decided to write my own list, as suggested by the book and noted in Sarah's post. I love lists.
Thing's I'm glad I did
1. Make coffee tonight, or else I'd be asleep right now.
2. Go to university. I wouldn't have even applied if my dad hadn't done it for me, but I am so glad I'm at university, studying things I am passionate about, and I am so grateful for the opportunity.
3. Harrass Nathan until he finally admitted he liked me & asked me to prom. It's a long story, but the moral is that we're still together a year and a half later.
4. Make a bunch of huge mistakes and go through a lifetime's worth of crappy things in highschool. It's all behind me now and I'm free to live happily ever after. I hope.
5. Teach myself guitar way before it was cool for girls to play guitar. I recieved my guitar in fifth or sixth grade and was super pissed because I had wanted a bubble chair (remember those?). I slowly taught myself through middle school and highschool though, and now there is almost nothing more satisfying than being able to play my favourite songs on an instrument I never thought I'd like or be able to learn.
This list only scratches the surface, but I didn't want to get too personal. Now, you have to tell me. What are you glad you did?
Title song: "Sunday Dress" by Dala