Thursday, March 4, 2010

Things I would sell my brother for

Yes, folks, it's time again for "Things I would sell my brother for", the posts in which I talk about inanimate objects I would much rather share a house with than my 17-year-old brother.

So I've been looking for a new purse/carry-all bag for over a year now. My current fav was purchased the summer before tenth grade (2005, ya'll) at an fc.UK outlet. I still love this bag, it is perfect for me, but it is understandably falling apart after being hauled through highschool and two years of university.

I am more picky about handbags than probably anything else in my life, even food! I've had maybe 6 or 7 purses that i've used regularly over my lifetime. I scavenge through Winners weekly, plus all other stores in the mall, thrift stores, and consignment stores. NOTHING fits my specifications. I want solid colour, STRUCTURED with an overall square-ish or rectangular-ish shape, no or minimal details such as studs or zippers, no obnoxious brand names or logos, and no draw-strings, quite large in size (has to be able to hold my clipboard for school, water bottle, and at least 4 snacks), and the list goes on.

So far the only two bags I have found (Literally the ONLY TWO. IN OVER A YEAR OF LOOKING) are Coach bags and obviously wayyyy out of my price range. Both of the below bags are priced around $400 if I remember correctly. Would anyone pay that for a 17-year old boy who drinks his weight in orange juice every week?


Part of the "Madison" collection available from Coach.
Drool. Absolutely perfect in every single way. Obviously has a tiny logo, but it's the Coach logo so it's lovely :) I don't like their bags that have the C's all over them, though.


This is the "Large Kristin" bag from Coach.
Beautiful colour. Beautiful structure. I love the short handles and the longer strap option. I would use both of these bags until I died.


Image via google.

On a more practical note, I'm very, very easily irritated and repetitive sounds or conversations on buses or even 5 seconds of whispering in the library can literally ruin my life for the next few hours. I really need to get me some of these noise-blocking earphones (you know, the ones construction workers often use?). Even if no one will buy my brother and I have to pay for these out-of-pocket, it'll be worth it when I can't hear his tv from the next room with these babies on.

Love Always,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment